Please note that the last update was performed on September 12th, 2018.
This Policy is incorporated into, and is subject to, our Terms and Conditions. Capitalized terms used but not defined in this Policy have the meaning ascribed in our Terms and Conditions.
By accessing or using the Site and the Services, communicating with us or agreeing to receive communications from us, you accept the terms and conditions of this Policy.
Meaning of “Customer” and “Personal Information”
For the purposes of this Policy,
“Customer” refers to anyone who uses Parcelz’s products and services, whether as the shipper, receiver, arranger of the shipment or otherwise, anyone who uses Parcelz’s websites, and anyone who has opted to receive email communications about Parcelz’s products and services, special offers, promotions and service tips; and
“Personal Information” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. Please note that the term Personal Information used in this Policy is equivalent to the term “personal data” used in the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
What Personal Information do we collect?
When you access or use the Site and Services (including when ordering or registering on our Site or Services), you may provide and we may collect Personal Information. Personal Information includes (but is not limited to) the following categories of information: name, username, password, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other details to help you complete an order. Personal Information also includes other information, such as preferences, when any such information is linked to information that identifies a specific individual. If you choose to withhold any Personal Information requested by us, it may not be possible for you to gain access to certain parts of the Site or the Services.
The legal bases for our processing of Personal Information are primarily that the processing is necessary for providing the Site and Services and that the processing is carried out in our legitimate interests, which are further explained in the “How do we use your Personal Information” section. We may also process Personal Information upon your consent, asking for it as appropriate.
How do we use your Personal Information?
We take steps designed to ensure that only those employees who need access to your Personal Information to fulfil their employment duties will have access to it.
We use the information that we collect in a variety of ways in providing the Site and Services and operating our business, including:
- to operate, maintain, enhance and provide all features of the Site and Services (including shipping, billing, picking-up, etc.), to provide the services and information that you request, to respond to comments and questions and to provide support to users of the Site and Services;
- to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the Site and Services, and to develop new products, services, feature, and functionality;
- to send you communications subject to applicable laws; or
- to comply with legal and regulatory requirements, where applicable.
In certain circumstances, in order to perform the Site and Services, we may disclose certain information that we collect from you:
- within our family of companies, including parents, corporate, affiliates, subsidiaries, business units and other companies that share common ownership;
- with third party service providers who provide website, application development, hosting, maintenance, and other services for us. These third parties may have access to, or process Personal Information as part of providing those services for us. We limit the information provided to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions, and our contracts with them require them to maintain the confidentiality of such information;
- with law enforcement and governmental entities when required by law. For greater clarity, we may disclose Personal Information or other information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with applicable laws, in response to a facially valid court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental agencies; and
When we disclose your Personal Information to third parties, we take reasonable measures to ensure that the rules set forth in this Policy are complied with and these third parties provide sufficient guarantees to implement appropriate technical and organisational measures.
We may finally make certain automatically-collected, aggregated, or otherwise non-personally-identifiable information available to third parties for various purposes, including (i) compliance with various reporting obligations; (ii) for business or marketing purposes; or (iii) to assist such parties in understanding your interests, habits, and usage patterns for certain programs, content, services, and/or functionality available through the Services.
How do we protect your Personal Information?
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. We maintain appropriate physical, technical and administrative safeguards to protect Personal Information against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, unauthorized alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, misuse, and any other unlawful form of processing of the Personal Information in our possession. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. All transactions with credit cards are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or store on the Site or Services, and you do so at your own risk. We also cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or administrative safeguards. If you believe your Personal Information has been compromised, please contact us as set forth in the “Contact Us” section. If we learn of a security systems breach, we will inform you and the authorities of the occurrence of the breach in accordance with applicable law.
Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage third party service providers. By accessing or using the Site or Services, you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside your country of residence, which may have different data protection rules than in your country. While such information is outside of Canada, it is subject to the laws of the country in which it is held, and may be subject to disclosure to the governments, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies of such other country, pursuant to the laws of such country. However, our practices regarding your Personal Information will at all times continue to be governed by this Policy and, if applicable, we will comply with the GDPR requirements providing adequate protection for the transfer of Personal Information from the EU/EEA to third country.
How long do we keep your Personal Information?
We will only keep Personal Information for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the relevant purposes set out in this Policy and in order to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations. If you would like further information regarding the periods for which Personal Information will be kept, please contact us as set forth in the “Contact Us” section. Please note however that we do not store Customer credit card information in any form.
What rights do you have regarding your Personal Information?
Under certain circumstances and in accordance with the GDPR or other applicable data protection laws, an individual as the following rights:
- Access: entitled to ask if we are processing information and, if we are, request access to Personal Information. This enables to receive a copy of the Personal Information we hold and certain other information about it;
- Correction: entitled to request that any incomplete or inaccurate Personal Information we hold is corrected;
- Erasure: entitled to ask us to delete or remove Personal Information in certain circumstances. There are also certain exceptions where we may refuse a request for erasure, for example, where the Personal Information is required for compliance with law or in connection with claims;
- Restriction: entitled to ask us to suspend the processing of certain of Personal Information, for example to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it;
- Transfer: request the transfer certain of certain Personal Information to another party;
- Objection: one may challenge when we are processing Personal Information based on a legitimate interests (or those of a third party) or for direct marketing purposes. However, we may be entitled to continue processing information;
- Automated decisions: contest any automated decision made where this has a legal or similar significant effect and ask for it to be reconsidered.
- Consent: where we are processing Personal Information with consent, withdrawal of consent.
Also have a right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority, in particular in the country/province/state where you are habitually resident where we are based or where an alleged infringement of data protection law has taken place.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us as set forth in the “Contact Us” section.
Automatically collected information
When you access or use the Site and Services, we may automatically record certain information from your device by using various types of technology, including cookies, “clear gifs” or “web beacons.” This automatically collected information may include IP address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites visited just before or just after using the Site and Services, the pages or other content you view or interact with on the Site and Services, and the dates and times of the visit, access, or use of the Site and Services. We also may use these technologies to collect information regarding your interaction with email messages, such as whether you open, click on, or forward a message. You may limit the automatic collection of certain information by our Site and Services, for instance by disabling the cookies using your browser options. Please be aware that by doing so it may prevent you from using specific features on our Site and Services. We use automatically collected information and other information collected on the Site and Services through cookies and similar technologies to: (i) personalize our Site and Services, such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during a visit or on subsequent visits; (ii) provide customized advertisements, content, and information; (iii) monitor and analyze the effectiveness of the Site and Services as well as third party marketing activities; (iv) monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed; and (v) track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities on the Site and Services.
The Site and Services may contain features or links to websites and services provided by third parties. Any information you provide on third-party sites or services is provided directly to the operators of such services and is subject to those operators’ policies, if any, governing privacy and security, even if accessed through the Site and Services. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of third-party sites or services to which links or access are provided through the Site and Services. We encourage you to learn about third parties’ privacy and security policies before providing them with information.
The Site and Services are not directed to children under the age of 16, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 16 without obtaining parental consent. If you are under 16 years of age, then please do not use or access the Site and Services at any time or in any manner. If we learn that Personal Information has been collected on the Site or Services from persons under 16 years of age and without verifiable parental consent, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under 16 years of age has provided Personal Information, then you may alert us as set forth in the “Contact Us” section and request that we delete that child’s Personal Information from our systems.
Changes to this Policy
We reserve the right to modify this Policy at any time without notice. The Policy posted at any time or from time to time via the Site or Services shall be deemed to be the Policy then in effect.
Please send any comment, question or complaint regarding our Policy, your Personal Information or any request to exercise your rights under applicable data protection laws by email or mail to our Privacy Officer using the following contact information:
Privacy Compliance Officer Parcelz 205-7240 Waverly Montreal, Quebec H2R2Y8 Canada email@example.com